Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Housing update...

First, I apologize for dropping the ball on the housing blog, but things have been CR-A-ZY!!!

So the offer on the house was accepted, GREAT!!!  There were a few things left to be done.  In the contract the seller agreed to purchase a fridge and update the counter tops, JACKPOT! 
Now with an accepted offer, I needed to get an inspection and set a date for closing.  One thing I learned very quickly, is that you have to be present for everything!

The inspection was scheduled and I was ready.  The day of the inspection, I took a few hours off work, had cash in hand and headed to my new home.  I walked the behind the inspector the whole time, and learned a lot about my new home.  I walked through every detail, except the roof.  I was happy to find that the inspector had a hard time finding much wrong with the house.  While I knew the house had been rehabbed, I was not sure how well it was done.  Much to my satisfaction, it was done very well.  At the end of the inspection, the inspector printed out a copy of the report, put it in a notebook and went over it with me.  It was helpful, he told me the major as well as the minor things that needed to be taken care of, what the expected cost would be and even offered to come back out and reinspect once the work was done. 
I also got a termite inspection since, it was an additional $50 and well worth it to know that there was no sign of the mites!

After the inspection, I put in a request to the seller to fix the things that came up in the inspection, and what do you know, they agreed!  The biggest thing that needed replaced was the electrical panel and that would have cost me a few thousand dollars to get done.

Finally, it was time to schedule closing, April 4, 2012!

It is such a great feeling when things work the way they are supposed to, except when they dont.

I ran into a snag with the financing.  There was an old debt that had not been taken care of and now I have to push my closing back.  A new date has not been set, but I will update you as soon as I know when it is. 

I will do a special blog, with many picture on: THE PACKING PROCESS....

No comments:

Post a Comment