Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Flash Forward and Move In

Well, it has been a while and yes, I have many, many things to share.

The last time I posted I had run into a snag with the financing and had pushed back the closing date.  Well I am happy to say I have been in my home for 19 days now, and I am loving it!

We were able to get the financing finalized and were set to close on April 26th at 9am.  I was all packed, down to the couch pillows and headed to pick out new counter tops when I received a call from the lender saying we would not be able to close as scheduled.  Well the underwriter decided they wanted to do a few more things and closing was pushed back a day.  Well this put everything on hold.  I had to call my movers and let them know that I was not moving that day and would try to keep them posted as the process continued.

I was able to close the next day, at 4PM, 30 minutes before a ministry perfomance, but finally, it was closing time.  I took my mother with me and we met the Realtor at the title company, and we were ready to sign on the dotted line.  The blessing in the situation was that I did not have to bring any money to closing, in fact I was told that I had over paid and would be getting a check back.  That was an awesome sound, I mean it was MUSIC to my ears.  So we closed, I received my key, talked to my Realtor, who I consider an amazing friend, and was on my way to my new home, after the performance of course.

By the time I was able to get home, it was after 9pm and way too late to unload the truck.  So, I grabbed what few blankets we could see on the back of the truck, a vacuum (that I went to borrow from my mother) and went in for the night.  We had cleaning supplies ready and cleaned the bathrooms so we could at least be comfortable if we had to go.  We vaccuumed the whole house, and went to sleep. 

MOVING DAY!!!

Since I had already had my movers on stand-by for two days, I couldn't pull myself to ask them to do another day.  So instead, I called on a few of my teens, my bff, and a friend from high school to get the job done.  We unloaded the truck, and went back to collect the last few items.  As we were loading the second truck my mother and another friend were at the house cleaning and unpacking. 

After a couple hours of loading and unloading, we were HUNGRY!  Pizza hut to the rescue!

It was awesome to be in the new house...but...what is all this beeping....

All the batteries in the smoke detectors were about dead, so there was a constant beeping, as each room has one.

So replacing those were on the to do list...

No comments:

Post a Comment