Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Do I really have enough...

There are days when i feel like I have more than what I need, and certainly more than enough.  However, there are other days that cause me to question if I have enough at all.  I do agree that I have enough to be considered successful in life, however I do feel like there is a major component that is missing.  I have the house, the car, the kid, the education, the friends, the faith, but I do not have the husband.  I know it seems crazy, but I do feel like something is truly missing.  

Do not get me wrong, I have a very supportive family and group of friends.  I have a daughter who I love very much.  Despite all the love and attention I get from these two groups, the love and attention of a spouse/significant other always falls in a different category.  This is the attention that I crave, do not have.  (I know I am supposed to wait on him to find me, and trust me I am trying to do just that. I am just in a place where I feel like if I do not express the way I feel I just may scream.)

I come home, and a home it is indeed, however, I feel like I am missing the husband to welcome me here.  I would love to have someone to debrief my day with, to hug and fall asleep with.  I would love to have someone to come home to to cook for and do all those really adorable things we see in the movies and all go, awwww over.  

Beyond the desires for these things, I also want someone to sit next to during church.  I want to get in the car on Sunday mornings and drive in to church together.  I want to stand around as he talks to someone, and he says Honey, I will just be another minute, sorry to keep you waiting.  That would just melt my heart.  I cannot wait to say, " let me talk to my husband, and I will let you know."  I am excite for the husband God created for me, I am really really excited.  

I have a friend who gave me a very smart piece of wisdom, she told me just as I desire to meet him, I need to cover in him prayer now.  I never thought about praying for my husband, as much as I did praying for a husband.  It may not seem like a big difference there, but there is.  I often pray specifically for the husband I have not yet met, but the one I know God has chosen and is keeping for me.

Tonight would be a great night to hug him goodnight, since I have not met him, I will pray for him and be satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment